Celebrate the vibrant festival with your loved ones, dining over an all-time-favourite Indian recipe, shared by Chef Prem this Deepavali!
MINT LAMB BRIYANI RICE
Ingredients (Serving for 10 people)
Cooking Oil 50ml
Lamb Cube – tender 300gm
Basmathi Rice – soaked in water 1kg
Cumin Seed 10gm
Bay Leaf 5nos
Star Anise 5gm
Green Cardamom 5gm
Black Cardamom 5nos
Cinnamon Stick 5gm
Green Chili 5gm
Garlic – blended 15gm
Ginger – blended 10gm
Chili Powder 15gm
Garam Masala 5gm
Fresh Mint leave – blended 100gm
Water 2 liter
Salt & Sugar – to taste
Crispy Fried Onion 10gm
Methods of preparation:-
- Heat the ghee and oil in a big size pan.
- Add the spices (cumin seed, star anise, green cardamom, black cardamom and cinnamon stick) and bay leaf.
- Saute the ingredients and add in the onion, chili and blended garlic and ginger paste, sauté till the mixture is soft.
- Add the turmeric powder and chili power and stir well until the oil arise.
- Add the tomato and cook till all the ingredients are well-cooked.
- Add the blended mint leaves and lamb, and 2 liter of water. Cook for 10 minutes and then add the garam masala for seasoning.
- Drain off the water from the rice and pour into the pot
- Cook the rice until the water level arise.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and let it cook for 10 minutes
- Then reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the heat
- Finally sprinkle the fried onions